IPX8 gel insulated connecting device with lever connectors
Shell Box® is an innovative series of gel insulated connecting device with Spring Box® lever connectors, to quickly and safely make, insulate, and protect electrical connections in any number of home and industrial applications with no need for tools.
Thanks to its silicone gel insulation, Shell Box® protects narrow cable (0.2 – 4 mm2) connections from water, moisture, and dust both indoors and outdoors and can be used for lighting fixtures, pumps, automation for windows, doors and gates, telephone and telecommunications systems, sound systems, and cable radio.
Three sizes and five versions allow low-voltage connection of up to five conductors on a single phase, and up to two conductors on two or three phases.
Protection from water and weathering
The silicone gel inside the minibox insulates and protects the connections from water, moisture, and weathering
and guarantees an IPX8 protection level, in accordance with EN 60529 standard. The snap-shut closure and the design of the minibox prevent accidental gel leakage, except on the cable inlet side, where it ensures that the connection is properly sealed.
With its soft-drying gel and Spring Box® technology, it is possible to re-enter the connection at any time to check the voltage thanks to the integrated test-point, or to work on any of the conductors.
The gel inside the minibox is non-toxic, has no expiry date and is classified as non-hazardous unde European Regulation no. 1272/2008 (CLP).
Spring Box® include
Shell Box® kits retain the innovative features and benefits of Spring Box® insulated connectors with lever clamps:
- Can be used with a wide range of rigid and flexible cable cross-sections: 0.2 – 4 mm2
- Rated voltage 600 V
- Rated current 32 A
- No risk of damage to even small cross-section wires
- Compliant with Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU according to EN 60947-7-1 and EN 60998-2-2 standards TÜV-Rheinland certificate
- Compact size
- Quick and easy installation without tools
- Work on each conductor individually
- Double insulation
- No accidental gel leakage
- Versatility of use
- Reliable connections thanks to spring-loaded technology
- Use with both rigid and flexible narrow cross-section cables
- No risk of damaging wires
- Good mechanical resistance
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic with no expiry date
- Insulation and protection, even in contact with water, of low voltage electrical connections using narrow cross-section cables (lighting fixtures, automation for windows, doors and gates, telephone and telecommunications systems, sound systems, and cable radio)
- Wiring junction boxes for ceilings or outdoors
- Insulation and additional protection for junction box connections
- Terminal insulation for live cables
- Connection capacity:
– up to five conductors on a single phase
– or up to two conductors on two or three phases