Resil® – Re-enterable two-component silicone resin
Resil® is a two-component re-enterable silicone resin for filling and insulating low voltage junction
casings and boxes.
The electrical and mechanical features of Resil® ensure protection and insulation from water, dust,
and elements for electrical connections and components, and its high resistance to penetration makes it ideal for use as a filler for GSA and GSB series shells to make straight (RJA series) and branch (RJB series) low voltage Resil Joints® connections.
Use & Reuse
Thanks to RESIL®‘s innovative formula, unlike traditional resins, it is possible to use only the amount required, keeping the remainder for later use: no waste with maximum yield and versatility of use.
Resil®, unlike polyurethane and epoxy resins, allows re-entering long after cross-linking has taken place, and ensures good mechanical strength and protection against accidental contact with live parts.
Resil®‘s fast cross-linking reduces installation and activation time, as well as labour costs. The process is non-exothermic and so it causes no damage to the components and the parts to be insulated. High dielectric strength: 23 kV/mm. Wide range of operating temperatures (-40 to 115 °C).
Easy and waste-free
The two components used to make Resil® come in separate containers to ensure the correct 1:1 mixing ratio. The new 1 and 5-liter measuring jugs allow waste-free, thorough and rapid mixing, even if the silicone resin is mixed in one go.
Resil® contains no isocyanates and ensures maximum safety levels for the environment and operators. Resil® is classified as non-hazardous under European Regulation no. 1272/2008 (CLP) and can be disposed of as solid waste.
Resil® is available in 2 sizes: 1 and 4-liters bottles, both with measuring jug.
- Filling junction boxes
- Insulation of 0.6-1 kV electrical connections
- Insulation of electronic boards and components
- Ideal for low voltage Resil Joint® connections: straight (RJA Series) with GSA Series shells, and branch (RJB Series) with GSB Series shells
- May be partially used as needed
- Can be mixed in one go in the jugs provided
- Easy pouring
- Rapid and non-exothermic cross-linking
- Excellent electrical insulation
- Good mechanical strength that prevents accidental contact with live parts
- Protection from elements (rain, moisture), dust, animals, insects, leaves
- Self-extinguishing class V0
- Non-toxic (isocyanate-free)
- Easy-to-clean reusable jug